Interested applicants from all EU Member States as well as Iceland and Norway may submit their proposals in the areas of Automated Translation, Cyber Security, eInvoicing, Europeana and Safer Internet.
CEF Telecom funding supports projects of common interest that will contribute to increasing interoperability, connectivity and deployment of trans-European digital infrastructures across the EU. It will also support the flow of public and private investment towards mature solutions - improving the daily life of citizens, businesses and public administrations and contributing to the development of a Digital Single Market.
To receive co-funding under the calls, actions must be ready for deployment, contribute to EU Digital Single Market policies and have a long-term sustainability strategy. The funding will be allocated to those eligible proposals which best meet the award criteria as specified in the 2016 CEF Telecom Work Programme and call texts in the areas mentioned below.
These sets of calls are the third and the fourth ones under the 2016 CEF Telecom Work Programme. In 2016, CEF Telecom will provide in total up to €70 million funding through grants for European Digital Service Infrastructures.
Areas covered by the CEF Telecom call for proposals
Interested applicants are invited to submit proposals for actions supporting the deployment of European Digital Service Infrastructures in five different areas, each with an indicative maximum budget:
The CEF-TC-2016-3 call, open until 15 December 2016, is devoted to:
- Automated Translation - to improve the quality and coverage of automated translation especially in the public sector cases that require cross-lingual functionalities, thereby facilitating cross-border information exchange for citizens, businesses and administrations - €6.5 million
- Cyber Security to create, maintain or expand national capacities to run a range of cybersecurity services, in order to allow member states to participate on an equal footing in the existing cooperation mechanisms - €12 million
- eInvoicing supports the uptake of electronic invoicing solutions among public administrations and of the upcoming European standard on e-Invoicing, contributing to the digital transformation of eProcurement - €7 million
- Europeana: will contribute in particular to showcasing the cultural treasures of Europe on the Europeana platform - €2 million
A Virtual Info Day providing information on the 2016-3 calls and application process will take place on 22 September.
The CEF-TC-2016-4 call open until 18 October focuses on:
- Safer Internet. With a budget of €1.1 million it supports actions that help make the Internet a trusted environment for children.
More information: ec.europa.eu