FIWARE FINODEX, the European accelerator for ICT projects base on Open Data and FIWARE technologies, has already chosen the ten best projects of its second call which have accessed to the fourth and final phase of the process. The accelerated companies have already received coaching and advisory services as well as 50,000 euros to turn their ideas into reality. Top-ten projects have passed several phases prior to reaching this fourth one. The first phase selected 51 out of 297 proposals, the second 31 out of those and finally, after the last evaluation, the top ten.
The selected projects are developing a different set of products and services based on Open Data and FIWARE technologies. They are building APPs, enterprise software or hardware devices improving quality of life of citizens, providing innovative services and improving the management of businesses across various sectors (smart cities, food and agriculture, etc.).
FINODEX is one of the 16 accelerators funded by the European Commission to support SMEs and entrepreneurs projects based on Open Data and FIWARE technologies within the FIWARE Accelerate programme. The main goal is creating new ICT products and services to improve the sector’s competitiveness. FINODEX is led by the Spanish international company ZABALA Innovation Consulting and integrated by a consortium of six more European partners.
FINODEX has already selected more than one hundred innovative projects via two open calls launched in 2014 and 2015. Each project will obtain between 10,000 and 170,000 euros of equity-free funding. FINODEX is investing 4.64 million euros to support the selected projects.
Top-ten projects chosen in the fourth phase will have the opportunity to obtain another 50,000 euros, and additionally win one of three prizes for the best projects in the call, with 70,000, 35,000 and 15,000 euros respectively.
Projects selected in the third phase
These are the "top ten" projects selected for the fourth phase:
- CANARD (www.canarddrones.com) Calibration of Navigational Aids systems using Augmented Reality Drones. Watch Video (https://youtu.be/mxiFjBCkL8U).
- WISETOWN (www.wisetown.eu) Web information stream enhancer town solution. Watch Video (https://youtu.be/thBW4iICxpE).
- Sensape (www.sensape.com) Artificial perception for infotainment systems. Watch Video https://youtu.be/3wgs7SsJi4Q
- DADAFI (www.smartbow.at) MKW electronics GmbH. Dairy Data Aggregation. Watch Video https://youtu.be/cOYkPFwXPTU
- SmartPlatformCity (www.smartappcity.com ). JIG Internet Consulting. Services of value by tracking/analysing users' behaviours in cities. Watch Video https://youtu.be/owUmICpR1pI
- Hupp (http://gethupp.com) Real-time, smart and social carpooling http://gethupp.com. Watch Video https://youtu.be/UMVt4a_nqFg
- KISSMYBIKE (www.kissmy.bike/en/) KMB Lab s.r.l. Advanced anti-theft system for bicycles. Watch Video https://youtu.be/hF76R2Qm14E
- OpenTrack (http://opentrack.run) ReportLab Europe Ltd. A complete athletics competition management suite. Watch Video https://youtu.be/ESnEmRHxgNQ
- eViti (www.eviti.co) ELMITEL inzeniring d.o.o. A smart vineyard management decision support system. Watch Video https://youtu.be/6wphThfgl9g
- CropDiagnosis Ergobyte Informatics (www.ergobyte.gr). Pest diagnosis and chemical recommendation engine. Watch video https://youtu.be/rMVo_u3mnDk