With a budget of approximately 2 billion EUR, the Work Programme Societal Challenge 1 'Health, Demographic Change & Wellbeing' (2018-2020) will invest in seven strategic research priorities, including topics such as personalised medicine, digital transformation in health and care and cybersecurity in health and care.
Calls with 24 April 2018 as a deadline:
- SC1-DTH-03-2018: Adaptive smart working and living environments supporting active and healthy ageing
- SC1-DTH-07-2018: Exploiting the full potential of in-silico medicine research for personalised diagnostics and therapies in cloud-based environments
- SC1-DTH-08-2018: Prototyping a European interoperable Electronic Health Record (EHR) exchange
- SC1-HCC-01-2018: Supporting investment in smart living environments for ageing well through certification
- SC1-HCC-03-2018: Support to further development of international cooperation in digital transformation of health and care
- SC1-HCC-04-2018: Digital health and care services – support for strategy and (early) adoption
- SC1-HCC-05-2018: Support to a Digital Health and Care Innovation initiative in the context of Digital Single Market strategy
- SU-TDS-02-2018: Toolkit for assessing and reducing cyber risks in hospitals and care centres to protect privacy/data/infrastructures
- SU-TDS-03-2018: Raising awareness and developing training schemes on cybersecurity in hospitals
Calls with 14 November 2018 as a deadline:
Europe is facing four main health and care challenges:
- The rising and potentially unsustainable health and care costs, mainly due to the increasing prevalence of chronic diseases, to an ageing population requiring more diversified care and to increasing societal demands;
- The influence on health of external environmental factors including climate change;
- The risk to lose our ability to protect the populations against the threats of infectious diseases;
- Health inequalities and access to health and care.
Building on the principle of openness – open science, open innovation and open to the world the societal challenge 1 on 'health, demographic change and well-being' (SC1) aims to deliver solutions for a better health for all.