The objective of the RegioStars Awards is to identify good practices in regional development and to highlight original and innovative projects which could be attractive and inspiring to other regions.
After being selected by an independent jury, representatives from the finalist projects will be invited to attend the Award Ceremony and receive a certificate and a medal. They will also be included in a brochure, published by the European Commission, as well as in the online database of best practices on the Inforegio website.
This year's RegioStars award ceremony will take place on Tuesday, October 11, during the 2016 European Week of Regions and Cities.
The winners in each category will receive a RegioStars trophy and a certificate presented by European Commissioner for Regional Policy, Corina Creţu, and the President of the RegioStars jury. For each winner a short video is also produced which will be published online followed by a promotional campaign on social media.
Applications can be sent by the regional or local Managing Authority, or by the project manager, but with the endorsement of the responsible Managing Authority.
For other questions contact email@example.com.
The Award Categories for 2015 are:
- SMART GROWTH: Emerging opportunities in the global economy
- SUSTAINABLE GROWTH: Circular Economy
- INCLUSIVE GROWTH: Integrated living – building inclusive and non-segregated communities
- CITYSTAR: Innovative solutions for sustainable urban development
- EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT: Making a difference by managing differently
Source: DG REGIO