EU funding opportunities for PCP and PPI
The EC also published updated guidance for public procurers on how to write tender documents for PCPs and PPIs (public procurements of innovative solutions).
Horizon 2020 offers the following funding opportunities exist for consortia of procurers:
- To prepare and undertake together a PCP or PPI procurement (see the calls for PCP actions or PPI actions).
- To cooperate on identifying opportunities and preparing for future PCPs / PPIs (see the calls for coordination and support actions)
The type of calls available per year are defined in the Horizon 2020 work programmes (e.g. for European Research Infrastructures, Information and Communication Technologies, Health, Security, Energy, Transport, Space and Climate Change / Environment).
Note that the funding rates were increased to 90% respectively 35% for the PCP respectively PPI actions from WP2016-17 onwards! Also from WP2017 onwards, proposers can choose between implementing one joint PPI procurement or several separate but coordinated PPI procurements!
The following ppts guide you through the core info about the calls for proposals:
- Draft work programmes 2018-2020 (work programmes will be adopted by the EC end of October).
- Modalities of the Horizon 2020 funding instruments in support of PCP and PPI. More detailed info in the general annexes of the Work Program here.
- How to find partners? Check out also this list of key ICT procurers in 10 key sectors of public interest across all Member States.
In addition to domain specific calls (e.g. in health, security etc.), there are also 2 "open calls' in the ICT Work Progmamme: ICT-34-2018 and IT-34-2019 that are both open to PCP actions in any area of public interest requiring ICT based solutions
- Indicative Budget for ICT-34: € 6M in 2018 and € 6M in 2019
- Call deadline for ICT-34: 17 Apr 2018 and 28 March 2019
Information and networking in preparation of the 2018-19 innovation procurement related calls take place for example at the annual EU innovation procurement event in Tallinn on 17-18 October 2017.
To help procurers in H2020 funded PCPs and PPIs, the EC has published (last update October 2017) Guidance for PCP tender documents and Guidance for PPI tender documents: These guidance documents include templates for OJEU notices to announce the open market consultation, to launch the call for tender and to announce the winning bidders. There is also a template for the request for tenders (for PCPs this also includes a Framework Agreement covering the whole PCP and specific contracts for each PCP phase).
Don't miss any of our R&D calls.
Suscribe you to our newsletter and we will keep you updated to the latest news
You may also be interested in: