ICT2018 Vienna: the biggest showcase of European digital innovation and transformation
ZABALA Innovation Consulting team attended the ICT Vienna: Imagine Digital - Connect Europe to learn first-hand about the new calls for the Horizon2020 Programme under the ICT domain, as well as trends and opportunities for the digital transformation. The event posed a major opportunity on networking among European projects.
The ICT2018 joined over 6,000 participants from 120 countries, over 100 panellists, and 130 exhibitors.
ZABALA’s participation at the ICT Vienna has been focused on the following areas of interest:
1. IRSUS: launching the best European innovations onto the market
ZABALA, as coordinator of the European project IRSUS, presented a new open call for services. The project helps the best European innovators included in the Innovation Radar of the European Commission. Innovators are supported to reach the market in better conditions as IRSUS,offers training, coaching and other activities to innovators. The call will be open until December 19th.
2. Innovation Radar Prize
Also, through IRSUS, we have had the opportunity to support the European Commission in the organization of the Innovation Radar Prize. This award, one of the most prestigious in Europe, wants to give visibility to those results of European projects that are making a difference. This year the global winner was the Swiss company Gr3n, for their breakthrough technology for ‘upcycling’ PET / polyester. In the different categories, the winners were:
• Excellent Science: The Technical University of Denmark (DTU) for their technology that can laser-print ultra-thin optical lenses for the mass market
• Industrial and Enabling Tech: NIT, from Spain, for their innovative use of infrared imaging to deliver real-time control of laser power.
• Best young SME: Mutiwave Technologies of Switzerland, for their metamaterial technology that improves the signals captured by state-of-the-art MRI systems.
• Best Early Stage Innovation: To Bioinicia, from Spain, for their surface adhesion breakthrough that can revolutionise efficiency of solar panels and food packaging.
• Tech for Society: The University of Iceland for their wearable assistive system that helps visually impaired people better navigate the world around them.
3. Next Generation Internet Community
ZABALA will participate, together with Interinov and F6S, in a new European consortium that will finance a fellowship programme to facilitate the mobility of researchers and technological start-ups to prestigious entities in the United States. This programme is one of the few in the field of the bilateral cooperation between the European Union and the United States as well as part of the new initiative of the EC: Next Generation Internet. The event facilitated the creation of deeper ties with additional projects within NGI and raised awareness about the Fellowship.
4. Call for the European Data Incubator for corporations
Another of the tasks of our team was the promotion of the call for data providers open through the EDI programme. We are looking for companies interested in lending their data to the most promising European start-ups, to solve challenges with data. Right now, the initiative puts together 16 start-ups from all over Europe currently participating in the first round of acceleration.
5. And bilateral meetings
Bilateral meetings with new entities to collaborate through the Face2Face service, which is already a classic in this event. Our team had more than 40 meetings in the three days.
During the event, which was attended by high-level political representatives, such as Commissioner Mariya Gabriel, MEP Eva Kaili, Austrian ministers or managers of large multinationals, emphasis has been placed on the importance of digitizing the industry through technology such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Cloud Computing, Cybersecurity and their impact on society and sectors like transport, health or energy.
Are you interested with all content related to "Horizonte Europa"?
Suscribe you to our newsletter and we will keep you updated to the latest news
You may also be interested in: