URBAN INNOVATIVE ACTIONS - UIA conclusions after the results of the 1st CALL
On 12th of October, the list of winning proposals from the 1st call of the Urban Innovative Actions - UIA was unveiled in Brussels, in the framework of the Political Event of the European Week of Regions and Cities (EWRC). Each project will receiveup to 5 million of euros of ERDF funds, with a funding ratio of 80% of the project budget.
|Birmingham||Urban Poverty||United Kingdom||1.101.360|
|Utrecht||Migrants & Refugees||Netherlands||330.772|
|Munich||Migrants & Refugees||Germany||1.450.381|
|Wien||Migrants & Refugees||Austria||1.852.997|
|Antwert||Migrants & Refugees||Belgium||517.042|
|Bologna||Migrants & Refugees||Italy||387.554|
|Milan||Jobs & Skills||Italy||1.359.905|
|Madrid||Jobs & Skills||Spain||3.141.991|
|Bilbao||Jobs & Skills||Spain||345.141|
|Rotterdam||Jobs & Skills||Netherlands||619.879|
- SUCCESS RATE:
- 18 out of 378 proposals: 4,76% of success rate
- However, success rate is of 10% for the theme “migrants & refugees” and2,65% for “energy transition”
|THEME||PROPOSALS SUBMITTED||NR OF APPROVED||SUCCESS RATE|
|Jobs & Skills||124||4||3,23%|
|Migrants & Refugees||50||5||10,00%|
- CITY SIZE:
- 7 out of the 23 UE cities with more than 1 million of inhabitants have been awarded in the 1st UIA call
- 9 out of the 345 UE cities with more than 100.000 inhabitants have been awarded
- Congratulations to the 2 cities, Viladecans and Pozzuoli, with less than 100.000 inhabitants in the list!!
- Geographical coverage:
- Just 9 of the UE 28 countries are in the list of 18 winning proposals
- Spain, Italy and France accounts for the 61% of the winning proposals
- No winning proposals from periphery countries (Portugal, Greece, Poland, Ireland, all the Eastern Countries, etc). This is common in HORIZON 2020, but was not expected in a DG REGIO call
- Success rate of France as expected due to the dissemination of the Secretariat of the UIA initiative (Region Nord-Pas de Calais; Lille) focused in France but with limited impact in other countries (i.e. Spain)
|COUNTRY||PROPOSALS SUBMITTED||NR OF APPROVED||SUCCESS RATE|
2nd UIA CALL WILL OPEN BY MID-NOVEMBER:
The 2nd call will open by Mid-November. The call will focus on three topics, which were announced in June:
- Urban Mobility
- Circular Economy
- Integration of Migrants & Refugees (it was also included in the 1st call)
The detail on the three themes was released this 10th of October. Furthermore, we were able to receive more information on the small workshop of 11th of October, a workshop in the framework of the EWRC were the three new topics were explained.
This is nice opportunity for CITIES. At ZABALA we trust we can be as successful as in the 1st call... even if we take into account that the competition is fierce.
Don't miss any of our R&D calls.
Suscribe you to our newsletter and we will keep you updated to the latest news
You may also be interested in: