Zabala Brussels is the European hub of Zabala Innovation which brings together (340+) experienced advisors located internationally across 13 offices and specialised in assisting clients with access to grant funding from a number of European and International authorities.
Our global reach traces its roots back to 1986, when our founder and current CEO identified the need to assist companies across Europe with planning their R&D activities to attract appropriate public funding and investments. Since that time, our commitment to our clients and their innovation strategies has seen us grow steadily alongside them, both in size and expertise, to become an integral and dependable part of their operations.
To accompany its development in Europe, Zabala Innovation is seeking to recruit a BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER, FOR EU MARKETS.
Under the direct supervision of the head of the Brussels Office and in cooperation with the International Department, the duties and responsibilities of the position include
- Developing the commercial activities of ZABALA at the European level together with the International Development Department
- Identifying and meeting high-level potential clients for our European Department activities
- Understanding and adapting our commercial offer to the needs of potential clients
- Preparing and negotiating commercial offers
- Contributing to the development of partnerships with key intermediaries (EU associations, partnerships…
- Answering tenders from large or public client prospects
- Supporting the improvement of our references for the response to tenders from our potential clients
- Supporting marketing activities aimed at raising our commercial offer (e.g. organisation of online campaign or webinars)
- Representing ZABALA externally and participating in events related to the missions above
- Contributing to any other tasks of ZABALA’s activities in line with the job description
- A competitive package
- A dynamic, pro-active and multicultural working environment in a growing international consulting firm
- A company that gives you the opportunity to grow in your skills and knowledge
- Regular internal trainings to stay at the top in our core business
Location: Brussels. The candidate should ideally already be living in Brussels, no relocation package is foreseen
Do you feel up for the challenge?
Please send your motivation letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you not be contacted it will imply you have not been selected.
Important: Incomplete applications and candidates that do not fit the profile above will not be considered.
Business Development Manager EU Markets
Desired skills and knowledge
We are looking for a professional with already 5 years of professional experience in the following areas:
- Business development experience for an innovation consulting firm
- Experience or knowledge of European funding programmes in the area of innovation (Horizon2020, Horizon Europe, CEF, Life, Interreg…)
- Some experience replying to call for proposals in some of the above-mentioned programmes
- Previous experience in EU project management
- Master-level required
- Area: Management / Business development / Engineering
- Fluent in English (Minimum C1 level required)
- Knowledge of French
- Fluency in one of the following languages will be valorised: Italian or Portuguese
- Very good communication and organisational skills
- Proactivity and commitment
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Keen to work in an international team