Zabala Brussels is the European hub of Zabala Innovation which brings together (340+) experienced advisors located internationally across 13 offices and specialising in assisting clients with access to grant funding from a number of European and International authorities.
Our global reach traces its roots back to 1986 when our founder and current CEO identified the need to assist companies across Europe with planning their R&D activities to attract appropriate public funding and investments. Since that time, our commitment to our clients and their innovation strategies has seen us grow steadily alongside them, both in size and expertise, to become an integral and dependable part of their operations.
To accompany its development in Europe, Zabala Innovation is seeking to recruit an EU TECHNOLOGY PLATFORM & PROJECT MANAGER.
Under the direct supervision of the head of the Brussels Office, the duties and responsibilities of the position include:
- Member of the team responsible for the coordination and management of activities of European Technology and Innovation Platforms and its Governance Bodies or other strategic projects;
- To coordinate the internal team or/and the consortium to implement the project activities, principally:
Managing the planning and delivery of the Platform’s established action plans and activities in the best interests of the platform and its members;
- Acting as coordinator of meetings and events organised within the framework of Platform;
- Organising the meetings of the Governance bodies including preparing the Presentations, moderating meetings, taking minutes and actions follow up;
- Supporting the Chair and Vice-Chairs of the Platform in preparing meetings and presentations for external and internal events;
- Representing the Platform in some external events as speaker;
- Being the direct contact from ZABALA with the EC Officer for the administrative and policy aspects of the Platform;
- Playing the role of Platform Coordinator or being the contact person for ZABALA in the consortium which manages the Platform;
- Being responsible for ZABALA for all the administrative and financial matters linked to ZABALA in the EU project or service contract that supports the Platform;
- To prepare new proposals/tenders to promote the participation of ZABALA in new projects as platforms secretariat;
- Contribute to any other tasks of ZABALA’s activities in line with the job description.
- A competitive package;
- A dynamic, pro-active and multicultural working environment in a growing international consulting firm;
- A company that gives you the opportunity to grow in your skills and knowledge;
- Regular internal training to stay at the top in our core business.
You feel up to the challenge?
Please send your motivation letter and resume no later than 30 July 2021 through firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selected candidates will be contacted for a first online interview during August 2021. Should you not be contacted it will imply you have not been selected.
Location: Brussels. The candidate should ideally already be living in Brussels, no relocation package is foreseen
Availability: Beginning of September/October 2021
Important: Incomplete candidatures, candidates not fitting the profile above or out of deadline will not be considered.
EU TECHNOLOGY PLATFORM MANAGER
Desired skills and knowledge
We are looking for a professional with already 5 years of professional experience in the following areas:
- Experience in a European Association in the area of Energy or Managing an EU Technology and Innovation Platforms;
- Experience in European Projects and Service Contract management as a Coordinator (especially in administrative and financial matters);
- Experience or knowledge of European funding programmes in the area of innovation (H2020, Horizon Europe, European Partnerships…);
- Knowledge of the energy sector would be an asset;
- Experience in managing several stakeholders/duties at the same time and balancing among potential different interests;
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Master degree in Political Science / Law / Economy / Energy / ICT
- Project management
Fluent in English (Minimum C1 level required)
Knowledge of other languages could be an asset
- Very good communication and organization skills;
- Proactivity and commitment;
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task;
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint;
- Keen to work in an international team.