Zabala Brussels is the European hub of Zabala Innovation, which brings together (400+) experienced advisors located internationally, across 13 offices and specialised in assisting clients with access to grant funding from a number of European and International authorities.
Our global reach traces its roots back to 1986, when our founder and current CEO identified the need to assist companies across Europe with planning their R&D activities to attract appropriate public funding and investments. Since then, our commitment to our clients and their innovation strategies has seen us grow steadily alongside them, both in size and in expertise, becoming an integral and dependable part of their operations.
Would you like to take part in the latest innovations shaping the world of tomorrow? Would you like to join a fun and dynamic team? Zabala Innovation keeps growing and is recruiting a consultant for a proposal writer and project manager position.
Under the direct supervision of the head of Brussels Office, you will be involved in a wide range of activities. Typical tasks include:
- Leading the process of writing Research and Innovation proposals for Horizon Europe, LIFE, CEF or other European programmes;
- Being responsible for the coordination and management of EU-funded projects. Managing the planning and delivery of the expected results as established in the Grant Agreements;
- Advising and helping position ZABALA’s clients in EU funding programmes to increase their participation in EU projects;
- Cooperating with other R&D project consultants for the adequate reporting of EU-funded projects;
- Representing ZABALA externally and participating in events related to the missions above;
- Contributing to any other tasks of ZABALA’s activities in line with the job description.
- An open-ended, Belgian contract with a competitive salary package;
- A dynamic, pro-active and multicultural working environment in a growing international consulting firm;
- A company that gives you the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge;
- Regular internal trainings to stay at the top in our core business.
Location: Brussels. Ideally, the candidate should already be living in Brussels, no relocation package is foreseen.
Do you feel up to the challenge?
Please send your motivation letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selected candidates will be contacted for a first online interview. Should you not be contacted, it will imply you have not been selected.
Important: Incomplete applications and candidates not fitting the profile above will not be considered.
PROPOSAL WRITER & PROJECT MANAGER
Desired skills and knowledge
We are looking for a consultant with at least 3 years of professional experience in
- Preparation and writing of H2020 technical proposals (main areas are energy, digitalisation, environment) from the concept note till the submission;
- European projects and service contract management, ideally as coordinator (especially in administrative and financial matters);
- Deep knowledge of European funding programmes in the area of innovation (H2020, Horizon Europe, European Partnerships…);
- Proven client oriented attitude or previous consulting experience.
- Master’s degree
- Background in STEM fields is an asset.
Fluent in English (Minimum C1 level required) Knowledge of other languages could be an asset, such as a good command of French, Dutch or Spanish (a plus, not a requirement).
- Strong interest in technical / innovation topics and policies
- Excellent knowledge of the proposal preparation process
- A real team player
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Very good communication and organisational skills;
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task;
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint;
- An eye for detail
- Keen to work in an international team.