Zabala Brussels is the European hub of Zabala Innovation which brings together (340+) experienced advisors located internationally across 13 offices and specialised in assisting clients with access to grant funding from a number of European and International authorities. Zabala Innovation supports European R&D by participating in European Projects as expert partners in the areas of management, exploitation, dissemination, cascade funding and EU technology platforms secretariats.
Our global reach traces its roots back to 1986, when our founder and current CEO identified the need to assist companies across Europe with planning their R&D activities to attract appropriate public funding and investments. Since that time, our commitment to our clients and their innovation strategies has seen us grow steadily alongside them, both in size and expertise, to become an integral and dependable part of their operations.
To accompany its development in Europe, Zabala Innovation is seeking to recruit a SENIOR EU PROJECT MANAGER.
Under the direct supervision of the head of Brussels Office, the duties and responsibilities of the position includes:
- Being a member of the team responsible for the coordination and management of EU projects and for activities related to European Technology and Innovation Platforms (ETIPs);
- Coordinating the internal team or/and the consortium to implement the EU projects’ activities, principally:
- Managing the planning and delivery of the expected results as established in the Grant Agreements;
- Acting as coordinator of meetings and events organised within the framework of the projects and the ETIPs.
- Organising the meetings including preparing the Presentations, moderating meetings, taking minutes and actions follow-up;
- Representing the projects in events as speaker;
- Being the direct contact from ZABALA with the EC Officers for the administrative and financial part of the project and policy aspects of the ETIPs;
- Being the responsible for ZABALA for all the administrative and financial matters linked to ZABALA in the EU project or service contract that supports the Platform;
- Preparing new proposals/tenders to promote the participation of ZABALA in new projects
- Contributing to any other tasks of ZABALA’s activities in line with the job description;
- A competitive package;
- A dynamic, pro-active and multicultural working environment in a growing international consulting firm;
- A company that gives you the opportunity to grow in your skills and knowledge;
- Regular internal training to stay at the top in our core business.
Location: Brussels. The candidate should ideally already be living in Brussels, no relocation package is foreseen
Do you feel up for the challenge?
Please send your motivation letter and resume no later than 24 September 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Selected candidates will be contacted for a first online interview by end of September 2021. Should you not be contacted it will imply you have not been selected.
Important: Incomplete applications, candidates not fitting the profile above or applications submitted beyond the deadline will not be considered.
SENIOR EU PROJECT MANAGER
Desired skills and knowledge
We are looking for a professional with 5 years of professional experience in the following areas:
- Experience in European Projects and Service Contract management as Coordinator (especially in administrative and financial matters);
- Experience or knowledge of European funding programmes in the area of innovation (H2020, Horizon Europe, European Partnerships…);
- Experience in a European Associations in the area of Energy sector would be an asset;
- Experience managing several stakeholders/duties at the same time and balancing among potential different interest;
- Master’s degree in Political Science / Law / Economy / Energy / ICT
- Project management
Fluent in English (Minimum C1 level required)
Knowledge of other languages could be an asset.
- Ability to work independently and proactively;
- Very good communication and organisational skills;
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task;
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint;
- Keen to work in an international team.