Zabala Brussels is the European hub of Zabala Innovation, which brings together (340+) experienced advisors located internationally, across 13 offices and specialised in assisting clients with access to grant funding from a number of European and International authorities.
Our global reach traces its roots back to 1986, when our founder and current CEO identified the need to assist companies across Europe with planning their R&D activities to attract appropriate public funding and investments. Since then, our commitment to our clients and their innovation strategies has seen us grow steadily alongside them, both in size and expertise, to become an integral and dependable part of their operations.
To accompany its development in Europe, Zabala Innovation is recruiting a Senior EU Technical Project Manager with a technical background and experience.
Under the direct supervision of the head of Brussels Office, the duties and responsibilities of the position include the following:
- Lead the process of writing Research and Innovation proposals for Horizon Europe, LIFE, CEF or other European programmes;
- Being a member of the team responsible for the coordination and management of EU-funded projects.
- Managing the planning and delivery of the expected results as established in the Grant Agreements.
- Representing the projects in events as speaker;
- Helping position ZABALA’s clients in EU RD&I funding programmes to increase participation in more EU projects;
- Cooperating with other R&D project consultants for the adequate reporting of EU-funded projects;
- Representing ZABALA externally and participating in events related to the missions above;
- Contributing to any other tasks of ZABALA’s activities in line with the job description.
- A Competitive package;
- A dynamic, pro-active and multicultural working environment in a growing international consulting firm;
- A company that gives you the opportunity to grow in your skills and knowledge;
- Regular internal trainings to stay at the top in our core business.
Location: Brussels. The candidate should ideally already be living in Brussels, no relocation package is foreseen
Do you feel up to the challenge?
Please send your motivation letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Selected candidates will be contacted for a first online interview. Should you not be contacted, it will imply you have not been selected.
Important: Incomplete applications and candidates not fitting the profile above will not be considered.
SENIOR EU TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER
Desired skills and knowledge
We are looking for a senior project manager with at least 3 years of professional experience in:
- The preparation and writing of H2020 technical proposals (Energy, security, digitalisation, environment etc…)
- Experience in EU project management
- Experience in European Projects and Service Contract management as Coordinator (especially in administrative and financial matters);
- Experience or knowledge of European funding programmes in the area of innovation (H2020, Horizon Europe, European Partnerships…);
- Experience in managing several stakeholders/duties at the same time and balancing among potential different interest.
- Master’s degree in Engineering or in any technical field
- Fluent in English (Minimum C1 level required).
- Knowledge of other languages could be an asset, such as a good command of French, Dutch or Spanish (a plus, not a requirement).
- Strong interest in technical / innovation topics and policies
- Excellent knowledge of the proposal preparation process
- Knowledge of European Innovation policies and funding programmes
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Very good communication and organisational skills;
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task;
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint;
- An eye for detail
- Keen to work in an international team.