The top nine European Data Incubator Big Data Startups shared their first-hand insights and their specific strategies in the event “Disrupting the disruptors”.
“Disrupting the disruptors”, an event organized by the European Data Incubator happened on the 29th of April. This digital event welcomed VC and Investment Manager Klea Wenger (Swisscom Ventures), and VC and startup expert Qasim Abbas, who shared valuable insights and concrete appraisals of the current situation. Moreover, the top nine European Data Incubator Big Data Startups shared first-hand insights and their specific strategies on how to expect the unexpected and stay ahead of the challenges that are yet to come.
The European Data Incubator (EDI) is an incubation programme by the EU Commission which assists European big data startups and SMEs in realizing their innovative ideas. Participants receive, among other things, access to equity-free financing, corporate data sets and mentoring from accomplished practitioners. The program has just finished its third incubation batch and the startup finalists were part of the digital event “Disrupting the Disruptors”.
The amount of data available is increasing drastically: Every day more than 5 billion consumers interact with data. Every minute people exchange 527.760 Snapchats and 46,740 Instagram photos, watch 4 million YouTube videos and send 156 million emails. Big Data came to stay, however, countless new links, paths and solutions are emerging at an unprecedented speed. This foreshadows many new challenges that will soon confront the disruptors of today.
Agenda of the event (CEST):
- 5:00 pm – Welcome and introduction to the topic
- 5:15 pm – First-hand insights by EDI Start-ups on the key question with adiutaByte | CreationLabsAI | HOPU
- 5:40 pm – VC Expert Input with Investment Manager Klea Wenger (Swisscom Ventures)
- 5:50 pm – First-hand insights by EDI Start-ups on the key question with Amplify Analytix | ID Ward | IN2
- 6:15 pm – VC Expert Input with Investment Manager Klea Wenger (Swisscom Ventures)
- 6:25 pm – First-hand insights by EDI Start-ups on the key question with Divizend |Grama | iERP.ai
- 6:50 pm – Wrap Up with Investment Manager Klea Wenger (Swisscom Ventures)
- 7:00 pm – Digital Networking with Audience & Startups