Our presence in Brussels has taught us that being at the heart of the action enables our access to information, and increases the opportunities to rapidly connect with key stakeholders. We help clients position their businesses in strategic sectors of interest and involve them in EU projects with the most active stakeholders. Our dynamic involvement in platforms, our vast experience in EU project funding, and our presence at key events provide us with unique expertise and a very strong competitive advantage to help us position and advise our clients in the best way possible.
What is our approach to Strategic Positioning in Europe?
We accompany our clients in the definition and selection of strategic areas of positioning at a European level, including related key stakeholders.
We analyse the relevant networks and associations, their role in the European framework and determine the optimal way in which to participate.
We identify and contact the most relevant people responsible for the definition of European work programmes and regulations to keep you up-to-date on the latest developments.
We work and collaborate to influence the definition of work programmes and topics from relevant European funding programmes in the medium term, taking into account any relevant changes that might affect business activities.
We help clients reach out to leading partners from across Europe, positioning their collaboration at the forefront of the identified strategic sectors.
We consistently work with clients to identify new strategic sectors for collaboration and determine whether their activities can be structured into strategic collaborative RD&I projects at a European level, to be submitted to the European Commission’s or related agencies’ call for proposals.
We constantly work towards improving your participation in projects promoted by European coordinators in strategic sectors of interest.
We use Kaila as a platform to manage innovation ecosystems, identify funding opportunities and potential partners for projects.
Years of experience in Brussels
Years of experience in EU programmes
Frequently asked questions
Zabala Innovation’s EU positioning service will help you establish your organisation as a partner of choice among the entities leading the most ambitious innovative projects in the EU.
The Research and Innovation EU programmes bring together the most innovative, competitive and excellent organisations across the continent and represent a unique opportunity to transform ambitious ideas into funded projects that will pave the way to overcoming the complex challenges of today and tomorrow.
Identifying and understanding the most suitable funding opportunities is just a part of the game. Finding the best possible partners to collaboratively implement those projects is also crucial. As it happens in any domain, a series of key players lead the way, having acquired extensive expertise in the definition of excellent consortia and projects.
The EU positioning service is meant to be a 1- to 2-year preparatory action for those organisations that want to become leading actors and in a near future, promote their own project ideas and build consortiums around them.
If it already has a dedicated team in the field, our service significantly reinforces its activity. In the process, our approach enables us to bring multiple benefits to your organisation:
- We consistently work with clients to identify new strategic sectors for collaboration and determine whether their activities can be structured into strategic collaborative Research and Innovation projects at the EU level.
- We help clients expand their international network of contacts, reaching out to leading partners from across Europe, and positioning their collaboration at the forefront of the identified strategic sectors.
- We provide business intelligence processes to identify the main stakeholders across different fields, the amount of EU funding they have received and how it is allocated across different sectors.
- Organisations optimise their innovation funding strategies, obtaining a better idea of how they could align their strategic areas of activity with the European Commission’s priorities.
- We make an analysis of the relevant networks and associations, their role in the EU framework and information on the optimal way in which to participate.
- We identify and contact the most relevant people responsible for the definition of EU work programmes and regulations to keep you up-to-date on the latest developments.
- We constantly work towards improving your participation in projects promoted by European coordinators in strategic sectors of interest.
Our active involvement in more than 50 ongoing projects and the submission of more than 200 European proposals per year, provide us with an excellent overview of the entire EU-funded programmes ecosystem.
Moreover, our presence in Brussels has taught us that being at the heart of the action grants us access to crucial intelligence and increases the opportunities to establish meaningful connections with key stakeholders. We do so on your behalf: our ultimate aim is to act as a representative of your organisation for all instances related to EU-funded programmes at the heart of the EU district in Brussels.
“Our experience of Brussels, its functioning and the knowledge of its landscape of actors will help you open numerous doors and rapidly expand your innovation ecosystem, making you the next reference partner in your strategic sectors”
Head of Brussels office