Marie Latour, Director of Zabala Innovation Consulting in Belgium has been elected as one of the Board Members of the new association gathering the most relevant European companies specialized in Research, Development & Innovation (RDI) financing and management, EAIC.
The European Association of Innovation Consultants (EAIC) was launched on the 5th of November 2020 with the objective to become the voice of European RDI consulting companies and boost the competitiveness in the European research and innovation ecosystem.
Originally created as a working group in September 2019, the European Association of Innovation Consultants (EAIC) is now established as a formal entity gathering 42 members active in more than 18 countries around Europe and growing.
The Association aims in particular to:
- Create synergies between members to promote the added value their professional services bring to RDI collaborations in Europe and carry out actions of common interests and benefits for its members.
- Enhance a positive image of European professional innovation consulting companies by ensuring and maintaining high professionalism and ethical values among members.
- Represent the EAIC towards European institutions and stakeholders to defend the specific expertise and professionalism of EAIC members and acknowledge the increased project impact they deliver to the European research community
- Identify common issues and goals of its members and pursue them in a coordinated manner on a national level by contributing to national concertation and enhancing direct dialogues with the different representations of the EU Member States.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing on best practices and information between members on the latest evolutions in the European RDI ecosystem.
- Foster the participation of the private sector to European RD&I programmes for stronger impact and exploitation of results.
Since September 2019, the informal working group, now EAIC, initiated several actions such as:
- The launch of a Manifesto to support Professional project management in Horizon Europe to better recognise the added value of innovation consultants. It has already been signed by over 168 organisations;
- The adoption of a Code of Conduct, signed by all members to promote ethical behaviour in the sector;
- The development of two EIC Accelerator position papers to provide feedback on the planned evolutions of the programme under Horizon Europe.
The European Association of Innovation Consultants (EAIC) gathers active Innovation Consultants in the field of European research and innovation projects. The group aims to facilitate exchange and promotion of best practices and success stories, as well as to uphold professional skills and expertise in European RDI projects. Today the group gathers 42 members, active in more than 18 countries around Europe.