ZABALA’s European tenders responsible, Luca Pira, introduced the main objectives of the DigiFed project and the cascade funding mechanism at the 5th edition of the Brokerage Event for Innovation Agencies.
The 1-day event gathered experts in the field of innovation to share best practices and new ongoing projects. During the event, the objectives of the European projects and the related round of open calls were presented to the participants who have shown interest in cascade funding-based projects. The main objective of the cascade funding financing method is to simplify the administrative procedures with SMEs and startups, thus allowing some EU-funded projects to launch open calls.
ZABALA presented the H2020 project DigiFed, Digital Innovation Hubs (DIH) federation for large scale adoption of digital technologies by European SMEs, which aims at adoption of advanced digital technologies by EU SMEs with a focus on nondigital businesses. DigiFed’s ambition is to activate a large number of European SMEs and midcaps to embrace advances in CPS and embedded systems to digital transform their operations, products and service offerings.
DigiFed will implement:
1. A business plan for the sustainability of the federation of Digital Innovation Hubs (DIHs),
2. Significant support mechanisms for individual and groups of SMEs to foster the introduction of digital technologies in their product and service offerings.
The open calls are expected for the period:
- First open call: March/April 2019
- Second open call: September/October 2019
- Third open call: March/April 2020