REACH Incubator is looking for Corporations and Digital Innovation Hubs to join forces with Europe’s brightest startups
The EU funded incubator facilitates cross-sector, data-driven experimentation and the development of trusted and secure innovative solutions
The REACH Incubator (REACH) is an EU funded incubator that fosters collaboration between data-driven startups & SMEs and Corporations (Data Providers).
REACH is run by 10 partners across Europe and via an 11-month incubation programme, and facilitates cross-sector, data-driven experimentation and the development of trusted and secure innovative solutions.
REACH Incubator is looking for Digital Innovation Hubs (DIHs) and Corporations.
- On the one side, the programme is looking for Corporations that are interested in exploring the potential of their data, for open innovation opportunities across sectors and ways to leverage the latest technologies to solve their business challenges.
- On the other side, in REACH, DIHs play a key role in enabling incubated organizations to improve their innovations, providing a commercialization path and access to regional networks and the programme is now looking for new DIHs to join its ranks.
Who has already joined the programme?
REACH has on boarded:
- 13 Data Providers: JOT, Migros Ticaret A.Ş., Sonae, VRT, Play&go experience, Idea75, Almerys, YKT, Bizkaia, EDP, COFARES, AN GROUP and Bilbao Council. You can check here how these Data Providers have shaped their challenges for the second incubation round.
- 5 Digital Innovation Hubs: DIGIHALL, The Data Cycle Hub, nZEB Smart House, RTU ITI Digital Innovation Hub and Confindustria Emilia-Romagna Ricerca (CERR).
What is in for you?
As a Data Provider in REACH Incubator, you will share your business challenges and offer a secure and controlled access to your data. You will, in cooperation with REACH Partners, hand-pick the brightest and innovative startups & SMEs in their sectors to enter the incubation phase, with a chance to experiment and demonstrate their unique ways to solve your data challenges. This opportunity enables you to get insights into your data and start a long term collaboration with promising and innovative startups & SMEs.
What is expected from your side?
- You must be the data owner and be willing to share your data with the startups & SMEs
- You should propose business challenges related to your data that will be solved by the startups & SMEs
- You will be asked to evaluate the proposed innovative solutions and support the selection process
- Provide mentorship to the startups & SMEs selected
- Your company must be registered in Europe
For Digital Innovation Hubs
What’s in it for you?
As a Digital Innovation Hub (DIH) operating in REACH Incubator, you will have the opportunity to propose a data-driven sector (DVC) theme and challenge, relevant to your region and ecosystem and share samples of data, DVC themes and their respective data challenges represent the most pressing issues from key European industrial sectors. Applicants are to leverage on their domain knowledge and DIH’s datasets in order to tackle the proposed themes.
What is expected from your side?
- Propose a data-driven sector theme & challenges relevant to your region/ecosystem;
- Prepare the samples of data you will eventually share with the startups to address the theme challenges proposed;
- Participate in the dissemination of the open call to involve your regional SMEs/Startups
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of the startups;
- Possibility to mentor with the selected startups in their development phase, and/or possibility to track/engage with them in their later stages;
- Facilitate startups/SMEs access to your DIH network/channels;
- Possibility to become REACH Incubation Programme adopters.
How to apply
Please send us an Expression of Interest email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 May, 2022.